Do you know that you can forward Facebook messages to Gmail and other email accounts, just like you forward regular email messages? You can move entire facebook conversations to your email account and archive it there or you can forward a Facebook conversation to any email address of your choice.
Now before I describe the steps, why and when should you actually forward or transfer Facebook messages to your Gmail account? There can be a number of situations when you may want to transfer all of your Facebook messages to your email account, some of them are listed below:
- You want to backup all Facebook messages and conversations to a safe location.
- You want to share a Facebook conversation with someone who is not on Facebook.
- You want to email a Facebook conversation or IM chat to a group of friends.
- You want to preserve a conversation for later use and want to preserve a conversation for later use.
Whatever the case might be, here is how you can forward a Facebook conversation to any email address of your choice.
1. Login to your Facebook account and go to your “Messages” folder at www.facebook.com/messages/
2. From the list of messages and conversations, select the message which you want to forward and click on the “Actions” button. Next, hit “Forward messages”, as shown in the following screenshot:
3. Now Facebook will ask you which messages you want to forward. A conversation is made up of several back to back messages, you can either select all the messages in a Facebook conversation or select specific messages by ticking off the checkbox attached to the left of each message.
When you are done selecting the messages that you want to forward to an email address, hit the “Forward” button.
4. This will pull in a To: text field on top of the page where you can do either of the two things:
- Forward the chosen messages to another Facebook user of friend.
- Forward the chosen messages to an email address.
Note that you can separate multiple addresses by commas and it should work out just fine. For example, you can choose to forward the message to an email address, an unknown Facebook user and one of your Facebook friends.
5. Hit “Send” and you are done. Your Facebook message will be forwarded and delivered to the email address you had specified. In case you had chosen to send the message to one of your Facebook friends, it will land in the “Messages” folder of his Facebook account.
Here is how the forwarded message from Facebook looks in your Gmail account:
Please note that your identity will not be revealed in the forwarded message. Precisely, neither yours nor your friend’s facebook account, profile URL, profile photo or username will be referenced in the message that you have chosen to forward. This feature only forwards the textual portion of message to an email address, photos and other attachments can not be forwarded though.
Also read our previous article – how to send encrypted messages from Gmail.
- How to Autoforward Emails to Multiple Email Addresses in Gmail
- Get Read Receipts of Sent Email In Gmail For Google Apps Business Accounts
- Link Multiple Gmail accounts and check email at One place
- How to Share Email Messages and Attachments With a Large Number of Contacts
- Facebook Changed Your Email Address With Your Facebook.Com Email Address, Here Is How To Undo It
via Ampercent http://www.ampercent.com/forward-facebook-messages-gmail/11565/