May 17, 2013 at 05:26AM
Whatsapp, the most used messaging app among all Smart phone users. If we say “Smartphone” is the soul for today’s techie generations, “Whatsapp” is the connection for that soul. It’s the 2nd thing after Facebook, which connected the friends/world with each other very effectively.
But sometimes it becomes too tedious to manage low memory due to long and healthy conversations between you and your fellas. So, if you don’t want to keep pressing “load more” to re-read the previous conversations every single time, or if you don’t want to kill the whole message due to low memory, here is the way you can backup your whole Whatsapp logs to your computer from your smart phones.
What you need?
- Smartphone with rooted Android OS.
- File manager with Root Support (Ghost Commander Tool).
- Active Python on your computer.
- Lastly, the Whatsapp Xtract tool.
1. On your Smartphone Open Ghost Commander file manager and locate /datadata/com.whatsapp/database.
(For previous version of Android open /data/data/com.whatsapp/databasae)
2. Copy wa.db and msgstore.db to your Micro-SD card.
3. Choose any folder on your computer and Extract Whatsapp Xtract Tool.
4. After extracting, run “!install pyCrypto.bat” as administrator.
5. Now plug your Micro-SD card to your computer and copy wa.db and msgstore.dbfile to this directory and replace and overwrite existing file if asked.
6. Open Whatsapp Xtract Android, this will generate HTML file from database you copied previously.
7. All set, Open this HTML file in any browser to see your conversations.
Now, you have all your precious and funny conversations between you and fellas secured in HTML file. You can use cloud service like Dropbox for keeping that conversations for long time, which will rejuvenate and rekindle your precious moments and thought sin future.
Copyright © 2011-2012
This feed is intended only for the personal, non-commercial use and content is copyrighted to TechFeb.COM and may not be reproduced on other websites without permission.
from (title unknown) http://www.techfeb.com/how-to-backup-your-whatsapp-conversation-on-computer-from-your-android-smartphones/