May 01, 2013 at 02:17AM
There are many ways you can edit a PDF file, and that’s without using Adobe’s Acrobat software. In this article we will see various methods by which we can easily edit a PDF document (online in a browser & with a software on your computer).
Both methods have their own functionality and usage. Editing a PDF is not only confined to changes in text, but we can also change the format and layout of elements inside a PDF. For example – if an image is aligned at the top left corner and we want to change its location than with simple drag and drop features we can move the image from top left to top center as per the need.
PDF files have been in use since 1990′s when Adobe made this software for free, there are many advantages of a PDF file which is why it has been so popular among professionals, some of the plus points are – its size is smaller, its formatting can be fixed, printing of PDF files is easy, and its easy to open with adobe acrobat software and many browsers.
Tools for Editing a PDF
1. PDFEscape.com - Its one of the most popular online tools which enables us to edit a PDF file by simply uploading. One more advanced feature of PDFEscape is that it also give you option to edit a password protected PDF file.
2. BeCyPDFMetaEdit - With an option of editing metadata this windows software is really a gem, it helps PDF files to be searched on google search with metadata, which is really essential if you have uploaded it for public use.
3. PDFOnline - Another really useful tool which enables you to convert a PDF file into a word document. PDFToword also does the same. By doing this you will be able to edit the file in word and then converting them back into a PDF file.
4. Foxit Reader - This is a best reader and editor which are free, fast and it lets you edit the text of any PDF. Its one of my favorite tool.
5. PDFedit - Hosted by sourceforge, this software is easy to us and it enables you to edit the raw PDF objects with many GUI functions.
6. PDFtotext - A simple enough online service where you can convert the PDF to text, just upload and enter your email, where you will get the converted document in minutes.
7. PDF-XChange - For OCR image based PDF files which you are looking to edit can be done with the help of this software.
8. Inkscape – Although its a an free vector drawing tool but it also has capabilities to export and import PDF files.
9. OpenOffice Draw - It has a extension for PDF import which let users to change the format and adds support to shapes, images, annotations etc.
Let us know, if you have more tools or programs which can edit a PDF file easily. We will be adding it to our list.
from SaveDelete http://savedelete.com/how-to-edit-a-pdf-9-best-free-tools-to-edit-pdf-files.html